Living Trusts: After the 1997 Taxpayer Relief Act
List Price: $39.95
Your Price: $7.95
You Save: $32.00
Product DescriptionEverything you need to know about designing, funding, and managing a living trust, explained in clear and understandable language
With the passage of the 1997 Taxpayer Relief Act, the benefits of revocable living trusts to trustors and their heirs are greater than ever. Now, in this updated edition of his popular guide, trusts and estates expert Doug H. Moy tells you everything you need to know about custom designing, funding, and managing revocable living trusts. With the help of real-life examples taken from his case files, Moy explains how living trusts work, how to work with an attorney to design and fund one, how to manage day-to-day operations of a living trust, and how to:
- Save thousands in estate taxes, conservatorship, and probate costs
- Avoid probate and protect inheritances from lawsuits and divorces
- Protect your personal and business affairs in the event of incapacity
- Transfer property to a revocable living trust Remove property from a trust without incurring federal gift taxes
- Transfer property titles and other assets to trustees without losing control
- Avoid court-supervised financial guardianship
- Keep a living trust properly funded without added legal fees
Throughout Living Trusts you'll find "Ask Your Attorney" Q & As that provide concise, easy-to-understand answers to virtually any question you may have about living trusts.
And the enclosed computer disk helps you to take charge by supplying you with all the legal forms you'll need to fund and manage a living trust, along with pointers on how to fill them out and file them.
Living Trusts is must reading for anyone who has a living trust, is considering establishing one, or who has been appointed a trustee of one. It is also a valuable working resource for accounting and financial professionals who advise clients about living trusts.
- English, Published English, Original Language English, Unknown