Bailout Nation, with New Post-Crisis Update: How Greed and Easy Money Corrupted Wall Street and Shook the World Economy
List Price: $21.95
Your Price: $5.00
You Save: $4.74
Product DescriptionAn engaging look at what led to the financial turmoil we nowfind ourselves in
Bailout Nation offers one of the clearest looks at thefinancial lenders, regulators, and politicians responsible for thefinancial crisis of 2008. Written by Barry Ritholtz, one of today'smost popular economic bloggers and a well-established industrypundit, this book skillfully explores how the United States evolvedfrom a rugged independent nation to a soft BailoutNation-where financial firms are allowed to self-regulate ingood times, but are bailed out by taxpayers in bad times.
Entertaining and informative, this book clearly shows you howyears of trying to control the economy with easy money has finallycaught up with the federal government and how its practice ofrepeatedly rescuing Wall Street has come back to bite them.
- The definitive book on the financial crisis of 2008
- Names the culprits responsible for this tragedy-from financialregulators to politicians
- Shows how each bailout throughout modern history has impactedwhat happened in the future
- Examines why the consumer/taxpayer is left suffering in aneconomy of bubbles, bailouts, and possible inflation
- Ritholtz operates a hugely popular blog,www.ritholtz.com/blog
Scathing, but fair, Bailout Nation is a voice of reasonin these uncertain economic times.
- Bill Fleckenstein
- Aaron Task
- English, Published English, Original Language English, Unknown